Carey Fellows for 2013-2015 Selected
New Carey Fellows – First row from left: Vivien Kis, Amanda Lopez, Thabo Mubukwanu. Second row – James Robbins, Cecilia Liu, Sam Taussig, Trey Byrd
Seven members of the Class of 2015 have been named as Carey Fellows, Sewanee's business honors program. Selection as a Carey Fellow is a mark of distinction for students with career goals in management, international business, and finance. Candidates for Carey Fellowships must be business minors and are required to maintain a 3.33 GPA. The fellowships include a scholarship, additional course work, and a semester-long paid internship.
The new Carey Fellows are:
- Trey Byrd, an economics major from Knoxville, TN
- Vivien Kis, an economics major from Pécs, Hungary
- Yue (Cecilia) Liu, an economics major from Suzhou, China
- Amanda Lopez, an economics major from San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Thabo Mubukwanu, an economics major from Lusaka, Zambia
- James Lowndes Robbins, undeclared major, from Tampa, FL
- Samuel R. Taussig, an economics major from Bethesda, MD
The Carey Fellowships are administered by the Babson Center for Global Commerce and form a key element of the Wm. Polk Carey Pre-Business Program. For more information about the Carey Fellowships, click here.